Benefits advice, Money management & Budgeting advice, Fuel Advice & Support, Housing Advice & Support, Food Advice & Support, Mental Health and Wellbeing Advice & Support, Family Services, Volunteering Services, Education Services
Children and Families is a children’s charity located in Sheerness, Kent. We operate a number of early years, and food related services to support our goals.
• Seashells Children Centre – one of the first children’s centres set up across the county as part of the original Sure Start Programme. We provide a variety of services to support children aged 0-7 and their families through fun learning activities, parental programmes, health related services (health visitor team, midwifery, stop smoking etc.).
• Family Support Work and Community Projects – Through funding from the National Lottery, Children In Need, Kent Community Foundation and others we have been able to set up and deliver various community based projects, including The Sensory Hub, the You Make the Difference Project focusing on 4 key areas such as Community Safety, Health & Wellbeing, Early Education, Community Engagement.
We also have a Family Finance Worker who supports families to manage their money and budget accordingly, as well as more recently launching our Fuel & Water Home Adviser service which aims to raise awareness in reducing household carbon emissions by becoming more fuel water efficient.
• FareShare Kent – Redistributes good quality surplus food from the food industry to other local charities and community groups across Kent and Medway.
• Family Food Bank – Provides a food bank service across Kent to ensure no child goes hungry and has the ability to eat healthily and thrive.
• Kent Community Pantry – A membership scheme that makes food affordable to communities and empowers families and individuals to provide for themselves and their family.
Our work broadly focuses on ensuring that children can be healthy, stay safe, enjoy & achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic wellbeing. We aim to ensure that we provide high quality services that are value for money and deliver positive outcomes. Our vision is 'Working together to give children and families the best opportunities in life'.